1682 Fairfield Cres, Pickering, Ontario L1V6H4
416-825-2285 | [email protected]
416-825-2285 | [email protected]
Network professional with 13 years’ experience in network and computer support with a specialized education in network systems. Possesses consistent history of reducing costs, improving efficiency, and increasing productivity. Demonstrates exemplary performance in planning and supervising technology implementations and upgrades.
- VMWARE CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL 6
(OCTOBER 2013 – SEPTEMBER 2019)
- CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE: ROUTING & SWITCHING
(JUNE 2013 – JUNE 2018)
- CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE: SECURITY
(JUNE 2015 – JUNE 2018)
- NETWORK SYSTEMS SPECIALIST – DEVRY UNIVERSITY
3.67/4.0 – Honor Roll
(2002 – 2003)
Senior Infrastructure Analyst (KIK CUSTOM PRODUCTS)
- Architecting Dial Plans for enterprise wide telephony systems (1200+ Phones – 15+ International Locations)
- CUBE configurations using MGCP, H.323, SIP.
- Managing CUCM 9.1, 10.0, 10.5 assets (Phones, Trunks, Gateways, Users, CTI’s, Route/Translation Patterns, Partitions, Calling Search Spaces etc.)
- Implemented and maintained CME locations with Trunks back to CUCM for integrated internal calling.
- Implemented WAN failure strategy using FXO & SRST for emergency dialing.
- Implemention and tweaking quality control using QoS and COS, dealing with Access/Trunk(L2) Port and WAN(L3) configurations.
- Managing Unity & Unity Express voicemail configurations (Users, System Call Handlers, Directory Handlers, Hierarchical Auto Attendants).
- Implemented and configured Presence systems using Jabber (CUPS, Expressway C/E).
- Managed Reporting and Visual HUD for CallCenter Queue Monitors.
- Create and Maintain Unified Contact Centre Xpress(UCCX)(Triggers, Contact Service Queues, Resources & Script Programming).
- Managing Unified Communications High Availability/Redundancy and Backups (Call Manager Groups, Presence Redundancy Groups, TFTP Backups).
- Planned and Implemented the Upgrade Cycle for the Unified Communications enviroment.
- Paging systems integration with CUCM, configuration and testing. (InformaCast/SynApps/Algo).
- Worked with vendors to resolve voice/data issues with WAN, MPLS, PRI(T1/E1), PSTN issues.
- Develop and maintain support documentation including support guides, knowledge base articles, procedures, and online customer information.
Networking: LAN & WAN
- Designed and implemented WAN concepts utilizing Cisco’s iWAN technology to interconnect Regional Datacenters and all International branch offices.
- Experienced with layer 3 systems such as Cisco ISR Routers (800, 2900, 4×00 series) as well as the Nexus converged switching platform (5000/7000 series) utilizing both IOS and NX-OS.
- Implemented and troubleshot WAN systems utilizing (Multi VRF, Netflow, PfR, DMVPN, QoS, NHRP, OSPF and EIGRP)
- Monitored network systems and quality with tools such as Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor, Solarwinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer and LiveAction LiveNX.
- Managed the backup and restore of key network infrastructure devices with Solarwinds Network Configuration Manager.
- Configured highly available networks with HSRP and GLBP protocols.
- Implemented resilient Layer 2 environment’s, by utilizing vPC’s, STP, VTP and Port Channels.
- Introduced Access Layer security, by using DHCP Snooping and Port Security.
- Implemented and managed perimeter security utilizing Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances, Firepower services modules, Firepower threat defense appliances, Firepower management center and zone based firewall configurations on ISR routers.
- Monitored Syslog’s and configured rule based alerting from varying network devices, and event logs from Windows servers, which were amalgamated into Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor, as well as Solarwinds Log and Event Manager.
- Configured firewall Access Control Lists and NATing to allow for secured access to resources across the firewall.
- Managed both Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN configurations, working directly with customers to setup secured access between organizations for B2B communications.
- Implemented NextGen Firewalls with layered policies utilizing Access Control, Intrusion (Snort Based), Malware & File, DNS, Identity, SSL Decryption and Prefilter Fastpath.
- Investigated potential breaches, and orchestrated response to positive Malware and Ransomware identification within the environment, along with organizing cleanup efforts where required.
- Designed controller based infrastructure and migrated hundreds of Cisco Access Points from Autonomous to Controller based to allow for Fast Transitioning to increase the connectivity experience for a fleet of scan gun technologies.
- Implemented Certificate Authority and Radius environment built on an Active Directory backend to support new WPA2-Enterprise wireless.
Server Infrastructure: Hardware
- Stood up and configured Cisco UCS environments at 3 separate Data Centers using both versions 2.x and 3.x system software on Fabric Interconnects 6296UP, 6332UP, 5108 Chassis’ and B200 blades.
- Configured Service Profile Templates, IP Pools, MAC Pools, WWNN/WWNP Pools, vHBA Templates, vNIC Templates, and Storage Profiles.
- Implemented stand-alone C Series UCS servers for branch location services.
- UCS Lifecycle management, including the troubleshooting, decommissioning and upgrading of firmware on live environment’s.
Server Infrastructure: Virtualization
- Designed Virtualization environment managed by VMWare vCenter controlling 50+ Hosts spread between multiple datacenters and branches with 400+ servers.
- Implemented and managed add on services such as VMWare’s Update manager, vSphere Replication, vSphere Data Protection and Operations Manager.
- Designed HA Clusters and DRS policies to maintain optimal resource usage, as well as balancing and improving guest performance by using Operations Manager reports and ESXtop.
Storage Area Network: Fabric & Disk Systems
- Provisioning of LUNs on IBM’s v7000 Controllers and setup of IBM’s easy tier which utilizes Solid State drives for Hot Data.
- Managed the Storage Fabric, which includes the zoning of FC Initiator and Targets on Cisco MDS, and converged Nexus 5000 systems.
– – Concord, ON, CA
Infrastructure Analyst (KIK CUSTOM PRODUCTS)
- Responsible for the backup of all systems with both Tivoli Storage Manager/Symantec NetBackup as well as the transitioning from the legacy Tivoli system to NetBackup.
- Implementing Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 based infrastructure that supported both specialty applications and productivity suites along with the creation of streamed applications that allowed for the coexistence of conflicting applications.
- Implemented and Managed Routing and Switching for all branch locations utilizing Catalyst 3000 series layer 3 switches using OSPF over and MPLS network.
- Maintained an Active directory environment comprising of 1200+ computers and 2000+ users.
- Managed compute infrastructure comprised of IBM BladeCenter H Chassis’
- Oversaw the monitoring of the WAN using Packeteer Packetshaper appliances.
- Responsible for LUN Management on IBM DS5300 SAN system along with zoning of a Brocade Fabric.
– – Concord, ON, CA
Technical Support Analyst (KIK CUSTOM PRODUCTS)
- Maintained the availability of resources including servers, workstations, laptops and printers.
- Administered Windows 2003 Active Directory LAN, 300+ computers and 500+ users.
- Maintained VMWare 3.x to consolidate services and better utilize resources.
- Image and prepared desktops and laptops for distribution to end users.
- Recommended, evaluated and purchased IT assets.
- Maintained inventory of IT assets.
- Produced System/Network documentation, SOP’s and policies.
- Provided helpdesk support for hardware, software, windows operating system with an international user base.
- Maintained network security policy, addressed server security issues and applied appropriate patches and upgrades.
– – Etobicoke, ON, CA
Sales Representative/Keyholder (Compusmart)
- Responsible for accounting procedures and operations which include end of day process and money handling.
- Shift management, acting as on duty management which includes escalated customer issues and shift assignments.
- Update and employ marketing materials.
- Assisted customers by providing an expansive knowledge-base to aid in purchase decisions.
– – Scarborough, ON, CA
Network Support Technician (CCL Custom Manufacturing)
- Provided 1st/2nd level user support.
- Maintained and trouble-shot computers, printers and software.
- Imaged and prepared desktops and laptops for distribution to end-users.
- Testing and implementation of new software.
- Responsible for backup of servers.
– – Etobicoke, ON, CA